Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Heartfelt

When Noah was about 7 months old I heard about an organization called Heartfelt. "Heartfelt is a volunteer organisation of professional photographers from all over Australia who have come together to form an organisation dedicated to giving the gift of photographic memories to families that have experienced stillbirths, premature and ill infants and children in the Neonatal Intensive Care Units of their local hospitals, as well as children with serious and terminal illnesses"



I had wanted to have some professional shots of Noah done but I didn't know if a regular photographer would be comfortable or be able to work within our circumstances. I contacted Heartfelt and that was when we first met the lovely and talented Deanna Whyte, from Deanna Whyte Photography. She came out and took some amazing shots. I have posted some of them on Noah's Ark Facebook Page. They came presented in a beautiful folder on disk and some printed. The cost is completely covered by Heartfelt. This is such a gift to us as we could never afford a session such as we got.

These are some of my favourites

I asked Deanna why she had volunteered her time to Heartfelt and she told me of her sister who had a baby girl born with HIE (same as Noah) at birth who sadly passed away not too long after. In that time she, being a photographer, took many precious photos of memories they would have forever to remember her by. She wanted other people to have the same special memories. She was so sweet and amazing with Noah.

Just before Noah's recent surgery I wanted to have some more photos done. Noah's condition was worsening and we weren't sure how things were going to go. I was overjoyed when I learnt that Heartfelt could offer us another session with Deanna. And this time Nanny Dot was here to join in, which was special. When I received the photos I looked through them and just cried and cried. I loved them and I knew no matter what, I would always have these memories to look back on.

This is my favourite photo from the session and indeed my favourite photo of all time. It is so special to have a photo of us all smiling, as Noah does not smile that much.



The last thing people are thinking about when they have a severely at risk child is professional photos. Sure there are usually all the hundreds of amateur shots taken by parents, especially when a baby is first born. But some of the Heartfelt photos I have seen have literally taken my breath away and brought tears to my eyes with their beauty. I can remember being in the NICU and everyday with each new photo I took wondering if it would be the last. For some parents photos are the only thing they take with them to remember their little angels. It's for them and the people who have to live wondering if this photo will be their last that I want to help spread the word about Heartfelt and the amazing gifts that they give families.

I thought I would add a couple more of my favs from our shoot. I will be posting the Album of our session on  Noahs Ark Facebook Page soon.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo's to be treasured forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kat, Noah is so beautiful. :) My Jordan had a severe brain injury too and we were lucky to have Heartfelt take pics as well. It is a wonderful gift. I wish you well on this journey. If you want to connect to other Heartfelt mums, you can find us on facebook or send me an email. xx

    ReplyDelete